Skip to main content

Savory Muffins

 

Savory Muffins

Makes 18


These tasty goodies are soft and flavoursome leaving you wanting more.

Ingredients:


  • 1 Tbsp        Oil
  • 1 small        Onion
  • 4 rashers      Bacon, chopped

  • 2 Cups        Flour
  • 2 tsp            Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp            Salt
  • 50g              Butter, melted
  • 1 ½ Cups    Milk
  • 1                   Egg, whisked
  • 1 Cup           Grated Cheese

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
  2. Saute onion and bacon in oil.
  3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the center.
  4. Add milk, butter egg, cheese, onion and bacon and stir to combine. Don't over mix.
  5. Bake for 12 - 5 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sharpie/Vivid Coffee Cups

There's so many pins on  Pinterest  about the same thing that you could literally read through hundreds of them before you find one that actually works. And this little DIY project was no different! Thank goodness the cups were cheap from  The Warehouse  at $1 each. You could also get them from  Kmart . If you want to practice before you start drawing on your new cups I would recommend getting them from a thrift store or op shop for a quarter of the price and practicing on them first.  TIP #1: ALWAYS GO FOR A CUP THAT HAS AS LITTLE GLAZE ON IT AS POSSIBLE. No matter which pin I've read and experimented with, they have all said the same thing. It is  best to get cheap cups    (which is faaaantastic cos I'm all about being on a budget) as they don't have as much glaze on them like a more expensive cup would have. The glaze causes cracking and bubbling in the design!! Not handy!!! 😳 I wanted the cups to be  dishwasher proof   and...

DIY Jeans with lace inserts

  DIY Jeans with LACE INSERTS After sewing a pair of jeans that were too small for me with denim square inserts  I decided to go through the pile of jeans I got for free to see if there was another pair I could tickle up with a bit of fancy decoration. And of course there was! My dear friend gave me a box full of bits n bobs and in amoungst it all were some net curtains with a pretty pattern and a scalloped edge. One side was embossed and the other side had a netting layer and was no where near as impressive.  This is how I made them without a measuring tape or any knowledge of what I'm even doing!!!  How to Make Lace Insert Jeans.... As Instructed From An Absolute Dummy! 1. Unpick the outside edges of the jeans. I unpicked the wrong side, had to sew it up and start again on the right side. 2. Cut net curtain to size. As I had no measuring tape I simply cut a full scallop size piece. From the 2 highest points of the blippy bit and straight up lol I'm so sorry I am th...

Sultana Buns

  Sultana Buns Makes 12 - 14. A delicious vanilla biscuit loaded with sweet juicy sultanas. Ingredients: 125g         Butter, softened 125g         Sugar 1               Egg ½ tsp       Vanilla Extract 200g        Flour 1 tsp        Baking Powder Pinch      Salt ¾ Cup     Sultanas   Method: Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a cookie tray with greaseproof paper. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat together. Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix till combined. Mix through the sultanas. Put teaspoon fulls into cookie tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Put into cooling rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.